Times have passed when dog owners build visible fences with wood and other materials. It is not news that the feeling of safety boosts confidence. Fences such as PetSafe wireless ensures this by providing pets freedom yet with safety. They even allow pets have a view of the environment while keeping them confined and within your sight.
Fences such as this are designed with features that make pet keeping stress-less. But there are still a lot of questions running through the minds of dog owners. Here are answers to some of those questions.
Can You Add Another Collar To Petsafe Wireless Fence?
Yes, you can. PetSafe wireless has no limits to the number of collars that can be used in a containment system. It allows dog owners to contain as many pets as they can. It is as simple as getting a collar for an additional pet. All you have to do is make sure it is paired properly. This is so that the collar can receive and send signals according to the marked boundary.
Can You Have 2 Collars On Petsafe Wireless Fence?
The short answer to this question is yes. The PetSafe wireless fence allows for as many collars as possible in a containment system. It allows you to keep as many pets as possible safe and within a mapped-out space of your desire.
In case you are wondering if the connection will be disrupted, it won’t. The number of collars does not affect the signal or effectiveness of the system.
Will Other Collars Work With Invisible Fence?
Yes, sure. Most collars are designed to work interchangeably with invisible fences. This has been programmed such that any collar can be used with any invisible fence, just as long as it is connected properly.
Also Read: How Tight Should a Dog Collar Be?
How Do You Pair A New Petsafe Wireless Collar?
To pair a new PetSafe wireless collar to the containment system is simple. A couple of careful steps and your dog is safe. Here are those steps;
- If your dog is wearing the receiver collar, remove it.
- Check for where the battery is located and remove it.
- Go to the transmitter, move the boundary switch from low to high
- Turn the boundary control dial slowly up to 8, down to 1, and slowly back to 4
- With that done, you can test the receiver collar if it has been paired correctly
Having paired the new PetSafe Wireless to the base unit or transmitter, you might want to pair it with your remote control. With the collar paired with your remote, you can control the remote from the comfort of your seat.
- Remove the receiver collar from your pet.
- With the power button, restart the collar.
- Then press and hold down the on/off button until the green LED light comes on.
- The green light comes on and flashes every second on the collar.
- Release the button.
- Press and hold the yellow button on the remote for a while.
- This will continue for about 16 seconds and after then the pairing is complete.
To make sure that the receiver collar has been paired to the remote and the transmitter, here is what to do;
- With the receiver collar in your hand, walk to the boundary of the fence. Bend almost as low as your pet to ensure the signal between the collar and the transmitter stays strong.
- Pay close attention to the collar and listen for a beep.
- If the collar beeps, the test light comes on and you feel a mild shock, the collar is working.
How Do You Put A Collar On Petsafe Wireless Stay And Play?
To put a collar on PetSafe Wireless Stay and play, there are about 5 simple steps to follow. These steps contain a series of actions that will help ensure that your collar is well put in your PetSafe Wireless. Do not let the number of steps dissuade you, they will only take a day to complete and in most cases not even the whole day.
Step 1: Prepare the items
These items include the flags for training, collar, adapters, test light tool, long proves, etc. Most of these items come with the PetSafe Wireless package.
Step 2: Prepare your boundary perimeter.
The boundary perimeter is the area within which you want your dog to stay. Marking out the boundary makes the setting up of the fence easier. It also allows you to control the distance between the transmitter and the boundary perimeter using the boundary control dial.
Step 3: Set up the collar
This step shows how to put the collar in the PetSafe.
- Ensure that the collar is fully charged
- Press and hold down the power button to switch the collar on. A green light flashes when it comes on, then red light, and back to the green light. The red light shows the collar level.
- Hold the button until the red light comes back on. The red light flashes several times to tell the collar level.
- If you would like to reduce or increase the level, hold the button through the flashes until you get to the level you want.
- When all these are done, your receiver collar for the PetSafe wireless stay and plays is ready to be used. But to be sure, test it out by using the step given earlier. This is the 4th step.
Step 5: Your collar is ready
In this step, you get to fit the collar on your pet’s neck. Put the collar around your pet’s neck. Make sure it stays snuggly on its neck. Not too tight but fit enough for your dog to feel the vibration. Make the necessary adjustments and cut out the extra strap.
Taking care of pets just got easy with the help of wireless fences. The number of pets you have does not stop you from getting a wireless or invisible fence. These fences allow you to train and contain as many pets as possible, cats inclusive. As long as the collar fits perfectly and the collar level fits the size of your pet, your pet is safe.